The Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association, Maitland, Fla., has chosen agriculture industry leaders to partake in the second class of its Emerging Leader Development Program.
The program is designed to develop leaders who are prepared with a strong knowledge of the many issues facing agriculture, according to a news release.
The 2012-13 class members are:
- Jonathan Allen, R.C. Hatton Inc.;
- Nicholas Basore, TKM Bengard Farms;
- Ian Bessell, ABC Research Laboratories;
- Lee Ann Hinton Coleman, Hinton Farms Produce;
- Thomas Dalton, Farm Credit of Central Florida;
- Carleton Johns, Tater Farms;
- Jessica Kerstein, Lipman Produce;
- Amber Kosinsky, Wish Farms;
- Christian Miller, Glades Crop Care;
- Tom Mitchell, Riverfront Packing Co.;
- Derek Orsenigo, Grower’s Management Inc.;
- Joby Sherrod, A. Duda & Sons.
The program includes meetings, seminars, tours of venues to study environmental issues and visits to specialty crop production areas, according to the release.
More information on the Emerging Leader Development Program can be found on ffva.com in the membership section.