- Joanie Taylor, director of consumer affairs and community relations at Schnuck Markets Inc. received the FMI Ester Peterson Award. The award recognizes commitment to consumer advocacy;
- Rose Mitchell, recently retired as vice president for education and governmental affairs for Hy-Vee received the Glen P. Woodward Jr. Public Affairs Award, which recognizes service in government relations;
- Denise Morrison, president and chief executive officer for Campbell Soup Co., received the FMI William H. Albers Industry Relations Award, which recognizes efforts to improve food retail supply chains;
- Jay Campbell Jr., president and chief executive officer of Associated Grocers Inc., received the Herbert Hoover Award, recognizing humanitarian service in the food industry;
- Neil Golub, executive chairman of the board for Price Chopper Supermarkets, received the Sidney R. Rabb Award, recognizing statesmanship and community service;
- Kevin Davis, president and chief executive officer at Bristol Farms, received the Robert B. Wegman Award for Entrepreneurial Excellence.
FMI honors retail leaders
01/14/2014 03:52:00 PM
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Local and organic meant little to these consumers