The free one-hour seminar, “A Risk-Based Approach to Food Safety: Why It’s Important and Keys to Success,” features Melanie Neumann, vice president and chief financial officer of The Acheson Group. Barbara Levin, senior vice president and co-founder of San Rafael, Calif.-based SafetyChain, will provide an overview of how technology can support risk management.
It starts at 9 a.m. Pacific, according to a news release. Registration is online.
Neumann has 15 years of experience in food law, regulatory and recall crisis management, food defense and traceability. Her topics include:
- benefits of a risk-based approach, including prioritization of food safety and quality assurance resources and proactive preventive controls;
- risk types the food industry must manage;
- risk factors for food and beverage companies at each stage of the supply chain;
- risk management processes;
- creation of preventive controls once risks are identified; and
- documentation and record keeping needs for traceability and audit response.