The panel will give perspectives on connecting with members of Congress and administration officials Oct. 1, according to a news release from the United Fresh Produce Association, Washington, D.C.
The Fresh Impact Panel speakers are:
- Chris Adamo, majority staff director, Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry, U.S. Senate;
- Dottie Bond, legislative associate, The Russell Group;
- Trista Etzig, PMP project manager, Specialty Crop Block Grant Program, the U.S. Department of Agriculture;
- Kasey Gillette, policy advisor for agriculture for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid;
- Joel Leftwich, minority deputy staff director, Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry, U.S. Senate;
- Nick Mascari, new business development, Indianapolis Fruit Co. Inc.; and
- Matt Mika, director for government relations at Tyson Foods.
The group represents the next generation of leaders in agriculture policy, Robert Guenther, senior vice president of public policy for United Fresh, said in the release.
“Our members will find real benefit in hearing their fresh perspective on engaging policy makers and preparing more young leaders to build industry success.”
For more information on the conference, contact Angela Tiwari at 202-303-3416 or visit the event Web site.