The Packer's Managing Editor Fred Wilkinson and copy editor Amelia Freidline gathered these news items on the expo floor at The Packer’s Midwest Produce Conference and Expo in Chicago on Aug. 12.
From the show floor: Midwest Produce Expo 2014 booths 1
08/15/2014 11:44:00 AM
- Eat Brighter! recruited for asian pear imports
- Industry anticipates Obama’s moves on immigration
- Potandon Produce sponsers philanthropical race
- Despite drought, California clementines plentiful for Christmas
- USDA formula calculates 2015 fee increases
- USDA announces Market Access Program funding for 2015
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Wal-Mart refocuses on perishables but can it pull it off?
- Produce execution plagues Wal-Mart
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- ProLabel goes digital, expects rapid growth