click image to zoomJody SheeCalavo GrowersCALAVO: Alan Ahmer, vice president foods division sales and production for Calavo Growers Inc., Santa Paula, Calif., showed the company’s new avocado halves packed using ultra high-pressure technology. The process gives it a 55-day shelf life from the manufacturer or 30 days from the distributor. The halves are available in 2-3-ounce packages, 48 per box for foodservice.
From the show floor: NRA 2013 booth briefs
05/23/2013 07:54:00 AM
- Fourth prison term ordered in Adams Produce fraud
- UPDATED: Watson stepping down from National Mango Board
- Sysco the distributor, not the source, in Subway outbreak
- CORRECTED: Export security program could trip exporters
- Vidalia onion grower, state official both claim victory in court
- Test checkers' produce I.D.