The Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association elected and re-elected officers at the group’s 2014 Southeast Regional Fruit and Vegetable Conference.
These appointments were approved Jan. 9 at the conference:
Jamie Brannen, Statesboro-based salesman with Curry & Co., Brooks, Ore., president;
- Charles Hart, manager of Fresh Plants Inc.-Green Bean Division, Americus, Ga., first vice president;
- Duke Lane III, vice president of sales with Lane Packing LLC, Fort Valley, Ga.,second vice president;
- Bill Brim, owner of Lewis Taylor Farms Inc., Tifton, Ga., secretary-treasurer.
The group also elected these new members:
- Michael Bourton, director of farm operations for Superior Berries, Fargo, Ga.;
- Kent Hamilton, president and chief executive officer of Southern Valley Fruit & Vegetable Inc., Norman Park, Ga.;
- Aries Haygood, operations manager for M & T Farms, Lyons, Ga.
Other current board members:
- Drew Echols, owner of Jaemar Farms, Alto, Ga.;
- Kevin Hendrix, vice president of Hendrix Produce Inc., Metter, Ga.;
- Adam Lytch, operations manager for Raleigh, N.C.-based L&M Cos. Inc.;
- Gibbs “Jaime” Patrick III, owner of Gibbs Patrick Farms Inc., Omega, Ga.;
- Steve Sumner, owner of Sumner Farms, Omega; Ga.;
- Darren Wheeler, regional farm manager for Grand Junction, Mich.-based MBG Marketing’s Alma, Ga., operation.
For related coverage, see Southeast grower show tackles Obamacare, food safety
by Eastern Editor Doug Ohlemeier