SAVANNAH, Ga. — The Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association Jan. 10 elected and re-elected officers at the group’s 2013 Southeast Regional Fruit and Vegetable Conference.
These grower-shippers were elected to two-year terms as group officers:
- Jamie Brannen, Statesboro-based salesman with Curry & Co., Brooks, Ore., president;
- Charles Hart, manager of Fresh Plants Inc.-Green Bean Division, Americus, first vice president;
- Duke Lane III, vice president of sales with Lane Packing LLC, Fort Valley, second vice president;
- Kevin Coggins, vegetable production manager for Coggins Farms/Blackwater Produce LLC, Lake Park, secretary-treasurer; and
- Dick Minor, partner with Minor Produce Inc. and Minor Bros. Farm, Leslie, immediate past president.
The group also elected new members:
- Drew Echols, owner of Jaemar Farms, Alto;
- Steve Sumner, owner of Sumner Farms, Omega; and
- Darren Wheeler, regional farm manager for Grand Junction, Mich.-based MBG Marketing’s Alma operation.
Other officers and board members are:
- Bill Brim, owner of Lewis Taylor Farms Inc., Tifton, immediate past president;
- Kevin Hendrix, vice president of Hendrix Produce Inc., Metter;
- Adam Lytch, operations manager for Raleigh, N.C.-based L&M Cos. Inc.;
- Jerry Mixon, Winter Haven, Fla.-based director of domestic production for Dole Berry Co. LLC, Watsonville, Calif.;
- Gibbs “Jaime” Patrick III, owner of Gibbs Patrick Farms Inc., Omega; and
- Chris Paulk, co-owner of Paulk Vineyards Inc., Wray.