Green Giant Fresh is expanding its produce snacking offerings by offering hummus.
The Salinas, Calif.-based Growers Express-Green Giant Fresh has added eight hummus flavors:
- Classic hummus with sesame seed topping;
- Roasted red pepper;
- Roasted garlic;
- Roasted pine nut with sundried tomato topping;
- Artichoke spinach with roasted red pepper and spinach topping;
- Garden vegetable;
- Mediterranean with tapenade topping; and
- Sundried tomato and basil with onion and balsamic vinegar topping.
The additions are part of Green Giant’s efforts to encourage consumers to choose fresh and healthy snacking options, Jamie Strachan, chief executive officer, said in the release.
“Our complete produce snacking (line) combines the fastest-growing vegetable dips with our … line of snacking vegetables,” he said in the release. “We believe this offers our retail partners cross-promotional and merchandising opportunities.”