With a $2,500 grand prize to the winner, the Idaho Potato Commission has announced the start of a Heart Smart Recipe Contest.
The contest, with help from fitness guru Denise Austin, began Feb. 8 on MrFood.com and will run through Feb. 24, according to a news release from the Eagle, Ida.-based commission. Ten finalists will be selected, and foodies from across the U.S. will be involved in selecting the grand-prize winner, according to the release. The contest also features the Mr. Food Test Kitchen.
“We are always looking for opportunities to remind consumers of the role Idaho potatoes play in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and the Heart Smart Recipe Contest is the perfect way for us to bring this message to life,” Frank Muir, commission president, said in the release. “Denise helps remind folks that Idaho potatoes contain important complex carbohydrates which provide necessary fuel for the body, and the Mr. Food Test Kitchen offers thousands of ways to prepare and enjoy America’s favorite vegetable.”
Recipe guidelines include:
- No more than 10 total ingredients.
- All ingredients must be available at local supermarkets.
- Instructions should be easy to follow for the average home cook.
- Prep time should be less than 30 minutes.
- Entries must also include 100 or less words about the origin of the recipe.