Called the “No Longer Home Grown: How Labor Shortages are Increasing America’s Reliance on Imported Fresh Produce and Slowing U.S. Economic Growth,” the report will be released at a 9 a.m. Eastern panel discussion on immigration reform at the National Press Club. The event is co-hosted by the Partnership for a New American Economy and the Agriculture Workforce Coalition, according to a news release.
Panelists at the event will be:
- Chalmers Carr, president and chief executive officer of peach grower Titan Farms, Ridge Spring, S.C.;
- Russell Boening, owner operator, Loma Vista Farms & Boening Bros. Dairy, Floresville, Texas;
- Carlos Castaneda, owner operator, Castaneda & Sons, Inc. & Mission Labor, Inc., San Luis Obispo, Calif.;
- Mary Kraft, owner, chief financial officer and human resource manager, Badger Creek Farm and Quail Ridge Dairy, Fort Morgan, Colo.; and
- Chuck Conner (moderator), president and chief executive officer, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives.