Five judges will evaluate dishes made by Georgia chefs at the 3rd annual Golden Onion competition April 27, according to a news release from the Vidalia-based Vidalia Onion Committee.
- Holly Chute, executive chef of the Georgia Governor’s Mansion;
- Linton Hopkins, chef/owner of several Atlanta restaurants and food-related companies, including Restaurant Eugene, Holeman & Finch Public House, H&F Bread Co. and H&F Burger;
- Hope Philbrick, Atlanta-based freelance writer and editor who conceived of and helped launch the Golden Onion competition;
- Christopher Smith, corporate director of food and beverage and corporate executive chef for Herschend Family Entertainment; and
- Bob Stafford, director of the Vidalia Onion Business Council.
Hilary White, winner of the inaugural Golden Onion and owner/executive chef of The Hil: A Restaurant at Serenbe in Chattahoochee Hills, Ga., will serve as the competition’s floor judge.