Judges have been named for an annual professional cooking competition at the Vidalia Onion Festival.
Five judges will evaluate dishes made by Georgia chefs at the 3rd annual Golden Onion competition April 27, according to a news release from the Vidalia-based Vidalia Onion Committee.
- Holly Chute, executive chef of the Georgia Governor’s Mansion;
- Linton Hopkins, chef/owner of several Atlanta restaurants and food-related companies, including Restaurant Eugene, Holeman & Finch Public House, H&F Bread Co. and H&F Burger;
- Hope Philbrick, Atlanta-based freelance writer and editor who conceived of and helped launch the Golden Onion competition;
- Christopher Smith, corporate director of food and beverage and corporate executive chef for Herschend Family Entertainment; and
- Bob Stafford, director of the Vidalia Onion Business Council.
Hilary White, winner of the inaugural Golden Onion and owner/executive chef of The Hil: A Restaurant at Serenbe in Chattahoochee Hills, Ga., will serve as the competition’s floor judge.