California grower-shipper Limoneira and Canadian retailer Loblaws will jointly promote the health benefits of lemons in 2014 using contributions from 10 health and nutrition experts.
Banner ads in publications like Canadian Living and Canadian Health and Lifestyle will offer consumers health tips using lemons, and point them to grocery partners such as Loblaws. Limoneira offers health tips online.
On its Facebook page, the Santa Paula, Calif.-based company is also offering shoppers a chance to win an iPad, according to a news release.
Participating nutrition and health experts include:
- Corinne Dobbas, San Francisco, a weight loss and wellness coach;
- Megan Roosevelt, Portland, Ore., a registered dietitian known as the Healthy Grocery Girl;
- Nina Curtis, West Hollywood, Calif., founder and president of the Nile Institute and Curtis Communications;
- Roger Adams, Houston, a doctor, weight loss and fitness expert;
- Susan Dopart, Los Angeles, a nutrition consultant and author of A Recipe for Life by the Doctor’s Dietitian;
- Vilasi Venkatachalam, a New York dietitian;
- Christine Palumbo, a Chicago-area dietitian;
- Jocelyn Black, Toronto, a specialist in holistic nutrition;
- Minsoo Go, a Seoul, South Korea fitness specialist; and
- Bethany Dufield, Peru-based consultant for Story Consulting: Innovations in Global Public Health.