The National Association of Produce Market Managers had its annual meeting in New York, electing new officers and presenting its market manager of the year award.
The Columbia, S.C.-based market managers group’s March 26-29 meetings drew 82 participants, according to a news release.
Members were elected as 2014-15 officers are:
- Dan Kane, manager of the Philadelphia Wholesale Produce Market, president;
- Rose Harrell, manager of the Maryland Wholesale Produce Market, Jessup, Md., first vice president;
- Fred Cole, manager of the Charlotte Regional Farmers Market in Charlotte, N.C., second vice president;
- Kristina Stanley, recreational supervisor of the City of Overland Park, Kan., secretary; and
- Deb Churchill, vice president- property manager of the City Market of Kansas City (Mo.), treasurer in a non-board capacity.
Harrell was named Market Manager of the Year. New board members are Jared Call, director of programs for Sustainable Economic Enterprises of Los Angeles; Doug Sutton, manager of the WNC Farmer’s Market in Asheville, N.C.; and Paul Thompson, manager of the Atlanta State Farmers Market, Forest Park, Ga.
Matthew D’Arrigo, vice president of D’Arrigo Bros. Co. of New York Inc. was recognized for his years of support for the produce industry.