The National Mango Board has scheduled workshops in six mango-producing countries this year.
The Mango Producer Extension workshops, which began in 2011, focus on sharing the latest industry information, with the aim of increasing mango quality, according to a news release from the Orlando, Fla.-based board.
Board staff, researchers and food safety experts will conduct the workshops, which cover the Food Safety Modernization Act, mango flowering management, supply chain best practices and other issues.
Workshops are scheduled for:
- May 29 & 30 – Huatulco, Oaxaca, Mexico
- June 26 & 27 – Petrolina, Brazil
- July 23 & 24 – Peru *
- Aug. 7 & 8 – Central Mexico*
- Aug. 15 – Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Aug. 28 & 29 – Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Sept. 18 & 19 – Northern Mexico*
- Oct. 2 & 3 – Guatemala*
*Locations to be determined