Messe Berlin has named 10 nominations for the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award 2012.
The award will be presented at the Feb. 8-10 trade show in Berlin, a news release from Fruit Logistica said.
Trade show attendees will be able to vote for their choice for the innovation award during the first couple of days of the event. The award will be presented Feb. 10.
- Bejo Zaden, Netherlands: purple sprouting broccoli;
- Bud Holland, Netherlands: Achacha tropical fruit, originally from South America, now grown in Australia;
- Campo Rico, Spain: roasted sweet potato;
- Healthy Foods, USA: Yonanas healthy frozen treat maker, which makes ice cream from frozen fruit;
- McCarter, Czech Republic: pineapple juice with fruit pieces;
- Pattruss Inc., Japan: Pattruss Z (Zed) resealable salad bag;
- Rijk Zwaan, Netherlands: lovemysalad.com, consumer Web information via “Social Salad Network”;
- SIA Amberbloom, Latvia: dried and candied Cido;
- Syngenta, Netherlands: Angello sweet & seedless pepper; and
- Tokita Seed Co. Ltd., Japan. Sungreen, a sun-ripened, green cherry tomato.