The Produce for Better Health Foundation has unveiled two new recognition programs for champions of the Fruits & Veggies — More Matters brand and campaign.
The Hockessin, Del.-based group announced the foundation’s Ambassadors and released details about the new Supermarket Dietitians of the Year recognition program.
Both programs run from January through December, with formal recognition given during PBH’s annual conference each spring, according to a news release.
“I am extremely excited to not only announce PBH’s two newest recognition programs but to acknowledge the individual ambassadors who have already extended their formal support for the program,” Elizabeth Pivonka, president and chief executive officer of PBH said in the release.
“We are so appreciative of the collective efforts and support of the industry as a whole and currently recognize outstanding companies through our Champion and Role Model program,” Pivonka said in the release.
The dietitian award honors supermarket dietitians/health and wellness staff for supporting the Fruits & Veggies — More Matters consumption campaign, according to the release.
According to the release, brand support is shown by:
- Placing the Fruits & Veggies — More Matters brand logo on in-store signs and produce bags;
- Promoting the brand through social media and other online channels such as customer e-newsletters;
- Organizing a promotion of the brand during Fruits & Veggies — More Matters month in September; and/or
- Incorporating the brand into community outreach efforts (wellness clinics, school visits, store stores).
More information on both programs, as well as submission forms, are on the PBH Foundation website .
PBH announced these 23 ambassadors:
- Tracy Altman, Wholly Guacamole
- Leah Brakke, Black Gold Farms
- Katie Calligaro, Canned Food Alliance
- Chavanne Hansen, Nestle
- Brett Libke, The Oppenheimer Group
- Sarah Ludmer, Del Monte Foods
- Megan McKenna, National Mango Board
- Matt Middleton, Ventura Foods
- Kraig Naasz, American Frozen Food Institute
- Howard Nager, Domex Superfresh Growers
- Paul Palmby, Seneca Foods
- Roger Pepperl, Stemilt Growers Inc.
- Paulette Pierson, Monsanto Vegetable Seeds
- Mac Riggan, Chelan Fresh Marketing
- Richard Ruiz, Ruiz Sales
- Allen Sabatier, Del Monte Fresh Produce
- Xander Shapiro, Del Monte Foods
- Rich Tavoletti, Canned Food Alliance
- Brian Threlfall, Giorgio Fresh Mushrooms
- Nichole Towell, Duda Farm Fresh Foods
- Peggy Walker, Vance Publishing
- Mark Weinfeld, DGWB
- Suzanne Wolter, Rainier Fruit Company