The new chairman of the board of the Produce Marketing Association’s Foundation for Industry Talent is John Anderson, chairman, president and chief executive officer of The Oppenheimer Group of British Columbia.
PMA officials announced Anderson and other Foundation officers and board members during the Fresh Summit International Convention and Exposition in Atlanta.
In a news release, Anderson said the Foundation would concentrate efforts in 2011-12 on helping fresh produce organizations with short- and long-term performance and growth to help sustain the entire industry into the future.
Other Foundation officers for 2011-12: vice chairman Jim Leimkuhler, president and owner of Progressive Produce Corp., Los Angeles; secretary/treasurer Derrick Jenkins, vice president of produce and floral for Wakefern Food Corp., Elizabeth, N.J.; and past chairman Bill Schuler, president and chief executive officer of Castellini Companies, Highland Heights, Ky.
Board members of the PMA Foundation for Industry Talent for 2011-12 are:
• Tonya Antle, Tanimura & Antle, Salinas, Calif.;
• Leonard Batti, managing and senior partner, The Mixtec Group, Salinas;
• Karen Caplan, president, Frieda’s Inc., Los Alamitos, Calif.;
• Scott Carr, president and chief executive officer, YottaMark, Redwood City, Calif.;
• Matt Curry, president, Curry & Co., Brooks, Ore.;
• Kevin Delaney, director, corporate sustainability and productivity, Procacci Bros., Philadelphia;
• Jan DeLyser, vice president of marketing, California Avocado Commission, Irvine, Calif.;
• Tim Knoerzer, global human resources technology and services lead, Monsanto, St. Louis;
• Lisa McNeece, vice president foodservice and industrial sales, Grimmway Farms, Bakersfield, Calif.;
• Jim Richter, executive vice president of sales and management, Wilcox Fresh, Rexburg, Idaho;
• Bryan Silbermann, president and chief executive officer, PMA;
• Marc Solomon, president and chief executive officer, Fisher Capespan USA LLC, Gloucester, N.J.;
• Dick Spezzano, president, Spezzano Consulting Service Inc., Monrovia, Calif.;
• Steve Stein, vice president human resources, Driscoll’s, Watsonville, Calif.;
• Channel White, strategy consultant, Carter & Spencer Group, Bondi Junction, Australia; and
• Larry Zink, industry relations and outreach coordinator, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Mich.
Retiring from the foundation board are: Gene Harris, senior purchasing manager, Denny’s Corp., Spartanburg, S.C.; Lorri Koster, vice president of marketing, Mann Packing Co. Inc., Salinas; David Werner, corporate director marketing, Ben E. Keith, Co., Fort Worth, Texas; and Nancy Wolfe, vice president human resources, vegetable seed division, Monsanto, St. Louis.