DachmanRich Dachman, vice president of Houston-based Sysco Corp., is 2011-12 chairman of the board for the Produce Marketing Association. Jan DeLyser, vice president of marketing for the California Avocado Commission is chairwoman-elect.
The announcement of the new officers and board members came Oct. 14 during the PMA Fresh Summit International Convention & Exposition in Atlanta.
DeLyser Other officers include: secretary/treasurer Derrick Jenkins, vice president of produce and floral for Wakefern Food Corp., Elizabeth, N.J.; immediate past chairman, Mike O’Brien, vice president of produce and floral of Schnuck Markets Inc., St. Louis; vice chairman Tim Riley, executive vice president of The Giumarra Cos., Los Angeles; vice chairman Jim Corby, vice president of produce for Delhaize America, Salisbury, N.C.
Dachman said in a news release that he is especially honored to be at the helm as PMA rebrands itself and focuses on growth. The association is launching a new logo and renewing efforts to promote fresh fruits and vegetables as the solution to America’s dietary challenges, Dachman said.
• Michael Agostini, senior director of produce and floral, Wal-Mart, Bentonville, Ark.;
• Mitch Ardantz, managing partner, Bonipak Produce, Santa Maria, Calif.;
• Greg Calistro, executive director of produce and floral, Save Mart Supermarkets, Modesto, Calif.;
• Marty Craner, president/owner, B&C Fresh, Orange, Calif.;
• Tina Fitzgerald, director of produce and corporate and social responsibility, IPC-Independent Purchasing Cooperative, Miami;
• Patrick Hynes, senior director of purchasing, Darden Restaurants, Orlando, Fla.;
• Dan Johnson, corporate director of produce and floral sales and marketing, The Kroger Co., Cincinnati;
• Alec Leach, president, Taylor Farms Inc., Salinas, Calif.;
• Dave Lessard, director of produce, Ahold USA Retail, Assonet, Mass.;
• Martin Ley, vice president, Del Campo Supreme, Nogales, Ariz.;
• Larry McIntosh, president and CEO, Peak of the Market, Winnipeg, Canada;
• Matt Middleton, vice president of sales, Marie’s/Ventura Foods, Dallas;
• Victor Moller, president, Hortifrut SA, San Jose, Costa Rica;
• Robert Ondrus, director of category management produce/wet salads/refrigerated potatoes, Monarch Foods/Division of U.S. Foodservice, Chicago;
• John Oxford, president and CEO, L&M Cos., Raleigh, N.C.;
• Frank Padilla, vice president, GMM produce & Meat, Costco Wholesale, Seattle;