DachmanRich Dachman, vice president of Houston-based Sysco Corp., is 2011-12 chairman of the board for the Produce Marketing Association. Jan DeLyser, vice president of marketing for the California Avocado Commission is chairwoman-elect.
The announcement of the new officers and board members came Oct. 14 during the PMA Fresh Summit International Convention & Exposition in Atlanta.
DeLyser Other officers include: secretary/treasurer Derrick Jenkins, vice president of produce and floral for Wakefern Food Corp., Elizabeth, N.J.; immediate past chairman, Mike O’Brien, vice president of produce and floral of Schnuck Markets Inc., St. Louis; vice chairman Tim Riley, executive vice president of The Giumarra Cos., Los Angeles; vice chairman Jim Corby, vice president of produce for Delhaize America, Salisbury, N.C.
Dachman said in a news release that he is especially honored to be at the helm as PMA rebrands itself and focuses on growth. The association is launching a new logo and renewing efforts to promote fresh fruits and vegetables as the solution to America’s dietary challenges, Dachman said.
• Michael Agostini, senior director of produce and floral, Wal-Mart, Bentonville, Ark.;
• Mitch Ardantz, managing partner, Bonipak Produce, Santa Maria, Calif.;
• Greg Calistro, executive director of produce and floral, Save Mart Supermarkets, Modesto, Calif.;
• Marty Craner, president/owner, B&C Fresh, Orange, Calif.;
• Tina Fitzgerald, director of produce and corporate and social responsibility, IPC-Independent Purchasing Cooperative, Miami;
• Patrick Hynes, senior director of purchasing, Darden Restaurants, Orlando, Fla.;
• Dan Johnson, corporate director of produce and floral sales and marketing, The Kroger Co., Cincinnati;
• Alec Leach, president, Taylor Farms Inc., Salinas, Calif.;
• Dave Lessard, director of produce, Ahold USA Retail, Assonet, Mass.;
• Martin Ley, vice president, Del Campo Supreme, Nogales, Ariz.;
• Larry McIntosh, president and CEO, Peak of the Market, Winnipeg, Canada;
• Matt Middleton, vice president of sales, Marie’s/Ventura Foods, Dallas;
• Victor Moller, president, Hortifrut SA, San Jose, Costa Rica;
• Robert Ondrus, director of category management produce/wet salads/refrigerated potatoes, Monarch Foods/Division of U.S. Foodservice, Chicago;
• John Oxford, president and CEO, L&M Cos., Raleigh, N.C.;
• Frank Padilla, vice president, GMM produce & Meat, Costco Wholesale, Seattle;
• David Parsley, senior vice president, supply chain management, Brinker International Inc., Dallas;
• Joe Pezzini, chief operating officer, Ocean Mist Farms, Castroville, Calif.;
• Victor Smith, CEO, Fresh Innovations LLC, Yuma, Ariz.;
• Mike Solomon, president and CEO, Ready Pac Foods, Irwindale, Calif.;
• Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, CEO, Seald Sweet International, Vero Beach, Fla.;
• Craig Stephen, vice president and general manager, bananas and Fresh Select, Chiquita Brands International, Cincinnati;
• Michael Stuart, president, Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association, Maitland, Fla.;
• Maureen Torrey-Marshall, vice president, Torrey Farms Inc., Elba, N.Y.;
• David Werner, corporate director of marketing, Ben E. Keith Foods, Fort Worth, Texas; and
• Jin Ju Wilder, president, Status Gro, South Pasadena, Calif.
Ex-officio members of the board are the chairman, president and chief executive officer of the Oppenheimer Group, John Anderson, who serves as PMA Foundation for Industry Talent chairman, and Felicity Robson-Rous, PMA Australia-New Zealand Chairman, general manager of corporate affairs and sustainability, OneHarvest, Brisbain, Australia.
Retiring from the board: Dwight Ferguson, president and chief executive officer for Naturipe Farms, Naples, Fla.; Russ Hanlin, president of Sunkist Growers, Sherman Oaks, Calif.; Michael Simonetta, chief executive officer for Perfection Fresh Australia, New South Wales, Australia; Maurice Totty, director of produce sales for FAC Food Logistics, Rocky Mount, N.C.; and Will Wedge, owner of Will’s Shop N Save, Dover-Foxcroft, Maine.