ATLANTA — The Produce Marketing Association recognized exhibitors displaying the most creative and appealing booths at the Fresh Summit 2011 expo.
“Best of Show” awards went to six categories; judges walked the show floor Oct. 15-16 rating the booths on their overall effectiveness, product service presentation and staff performance, according to a news release.
- North Shore Greenhouses Inc., Thermal, Calif., best in-line booth;
- NatureSweet Ltd., San Antonio, best island booth;
- Ranch Fresh Foods LLC, Salinas, Calif., best new product launch (River Ranch Heritage Blend);
- Orchard Bar, Cashmere, Wash., best first-time exhibitor;
- Duda Farm Fresh Foods Inc., People’s Choice award; and
- California Avocado Commission, Irvine, Sensory Experience award for roasted pork tenderloin with bok choy, pickled tomatoes, and avocados recipe.
“These companies demonstrated excellence in every area and serve as examples of the type of ingenuity necessary in capturing the most interest, especially among busy produce buyers,” Bryan Silbermann, PMA’s president and chief executive officer, said in the release.
Attendees voted for the People’s Choice award by texting.
The Packer sponsored the awards.