The question of how to best label reusable plastic containers is front and center with the Technology Working Group of the Produce Traceability Initiative and the group wants advice from those who are currently using RPCs.
The PTI working group has an online survey set up at http://tinyurl.com/PTI-RPC-survey. The survey is open to any grower, packer, shipper, wholesaler or re-packer currently using RPCs.
Information gathered from the survey will be used to “help the working group develop effective best practices for creating PTI-compliant RPC labels for shipments into the U.S. marketplace,” according to the PTI website. The Technology Working Group of PTI is developing “best practices” for RPC labels in response to industry requests.
The short survey asks for each participant’s name and company and includes the following questions:
- How did you choose your current RPC label design?
- Do any of your commodities require special tags or information on their RPC labels?
- Do your trading partners require more than one RPC label size?
- What is the size of your current RPC label?
- If you could have only one standard RPC label size, what would it be and why?
According to the PTI website, the survey should take only five minutes for most people to complete.