The four industry groups that make up the Produce Traceability Initiative have joined to create a series of free Web seminars to help companies implement traceability measures.
Speakers for the series will include produce industry professionals who have already adopted traceability measures that comply with PTI. The live sessions will be recorded and posted on the PTI website for later playback.
The hourlong sessions are suggested for all industry trading partners, especially companies that have not yet launched traceability programs and those that are in the beginning stages of implementation. Traceability solution providers are also invited to participate, according to a news release from PTI.
Session topics, dates and times (Eastern) are:
1. PTI’s 5 Ws (and 1 H): Who, What, When, Where, Why and How – Aug. 29, 11 a.m.;
2. Implementing PTI: Best Practices for Packer/Shippers – Sept. 7, 2 p.m.;
3. Implementing PTI: Best Practices for Assigning GTINs – Sept. 14, 2 p.m.;
4. Implementing PTI: Best Practices for Case Labeling – Sept. 20, 3 p.m.;
5. Implementing PTI: Best Practices for Hybrid Pallet Labeling – Sept. 28, 2 p.m.; and
6. Implementing PTI: Best Practices for Retailers – Oct. 6, 2 p.m.
For specific information about each session, including speakers, and to register, visit the PTI website’s events page.
The Produce Traceability Initiative is the combined effort of the Canadian Produce Marketing Association, United Fresh Produce Association, the Produce Marketing Association and GS1.