Seven produce distributors have joined the Monterey, Calif,-based Pro*Act.
With these companies joining the group, the distributor network now boasts 49 companies and collectively operates 70 distribution centers nationwide, according to a news release.
The new distributors are:
- Chapman Produce, Tallahassee, Fla.
- Keith Chapman, owner, and Dan Bruijn, partner
- City Produce, Fort Walton, Fla.
- Tommy Sundy, owner
- Gulf Coast Produce, Biloxi, Miss.
- Mike and Christi Alise, owners
- Limehouse Produce Co., North Charleston, S.C.
- Jack and Andrea Limehouse, owners
- McCartney Produce, Paris, Tenn.
- Raymon Randolph, general manager
- Metropolitan Foods, Little Rock, Ark.
- Kevin and Gina Womack, owners
- Sunrise Fresh Produce, Jacksonville, Fla. and Jackson, Miss.
- Andrew Mercier, president
Max Yeater, Pro*Act president, said the addition of the seven family-owned businesses will enhance their coverage in the Southeast.
“We look forward to our partnership with these outstanding companies and to help them thrive with our industry-leading resources from purchasing and food safety, to sustainability and supply chain management that are Pro*Act trademarks,” Yeater said in the release.