Chiquita Brands International, Nature Fresh Farms, Frieda’s Inc. and others are scheduled to join a Jan. 15 Twitter party offered by the Produce Mom.
The #HealthyNewYear party starts at 8 p.m. Eastern. Each host organization will ask a question on health, nutrition or wellness using that hashtag and choose winners to receive a prize pack from their brand.
- The Produce Mom, @ProduceMom;
- Chiquita, @Chiquita;
- Nature Fresh Farms, @Nature_Fresh;
- Frieda’s, @FriedasProduce;
- Partnership for Healthier America, @PHAnews;
- Harvest Snaps, @HarvestSnaps;
- Indianapolis Public Schools, @IPSSchools;
- McAlister’s Deli, @McAlistersIN;
- Dottie Couture, @dottiecouturbtq; and
- YMCA, @ymcaindy.
The Twitter party follows one in November that considered healthy alternatives to traditional Thanksgiving foods. Its reach exceeded 5.6 million people, according to a news release.
“Participants can ask questions or simply follow along to learn health tips from some of the top brands in nutrition and wellness,” Lori Taylor, who writes the Produce Mom blog, said in a news release.
“Chiquita is excited to have the opportunity to participate … because we truly believe in the power of health and wellness to bring families together,” said Cassie Callon, senior marketing specialist.
Taylor is also marketing manager for Indianapolis Fruit Co.