The Packer’s Produce Universe Advisory Board met by teleconference for the first time on Jan. 20.
Brent Erenwert, chief executive officer of Brothers Produce, Houston, and chairman of the advisory board, said the group is a cross-section of the industry and has the potential to create lasting changes in the way the industry operates online.
Other members of the group are:
- John Bailey, executive director, Top 10 Produce, Salinas, Calif.;
- Daymara Baker, director of national sales for Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club for Charlotte, N.C.-based Chiquita Brands International;
- Ernst van Eeghen, director of marketing & product development at Church Brothers LLC, Salinas;
- Elliot Grant, founder and chief technology officer at YottaMark Inc./HarvestMark, Redwood City, Calif.;
- Tom Karst, National Editor for The Packer, Lenexa, Kan.,;
- Teri Miller, category manager of produce, Delhaize America, Salisbury, N.C.; and
- Doug Stoiber, vice president of produce transportation with LMTS and director of business development for Raleigh, N.C.-based L&M’s Northwest fruit business.
Stoiber said that he was pleased to share his perspectives on transportation and produce marketing.
“Social media in service of business opportunities is an exciting undertaking to join,” he said.
Bailey said the effort has the chance to create utility for the entire industry.
“If now is the time to build a collaborative fresh produce industry, then The Packer’s Produce Universe is the place where it is going to happen,” Bailey said.
“Being able to connect industry professionals via our combined digital properties under The Packer brand is a huge opportunity for all industry participants,” said Bettina Lindner Lippisch, general manager for Vance Publishing Corporation’s fresh produce data products, Red Book Credit Services, Produce Market Guide and Produce Universe. “We are looking forward to more fruitful conversations and insights from the advisory board throughout 2014.”