Peggy Walker, president of the Lincolnshire, Ill.-based Vance Publishing Corporation, which publishes The Packer, is one of the 30 ambassadors of the Produce for Better Health Foundation, which is thanking its supporters.
As the end of the year nears, the Hockessin, Del.-based organization is expressing appreciation for its ambassador volunteers who help promote PBH’s mission and its Fruits & Veggies—More Matters national health campaign.
Every year, PBH honors its volunteers through its Ambassador Excellence Awards which recognize the top ambassadors who have demonstrated the greatest amount of support in terms of breadth and depth to PBH, according to a news release.
Besides Walker, others include:
- Tracy Altman, Wholly Guacamole;
- Shirley Axe, Ahold USA;
- Leah Brakke, Black Gold Farms;
- Phillip Brooks, H. Brooks & Co.;
- Katie Calligaro, Canned Food Alliance;
- Mark Campion, Taylor Farms;
- Gaines Chamberlain, Blanc Industries;
- Lindsay Ehlis, Borton Fruit;
- John Freed, Syngenta;
- Chavanne Hansen, Nestle;
- Brett Libke, The Oppenheimer Group;
- Sarah Ludmer, Del Monte Foods;
- Megan McKenna, National Mango Board;
- Matt Middleton, Ventura Foods;
- Kraig Naasz, American Frozen Food Institute;
- Howard Nager, Domex Superfresh Growers;
- Paul Palmby, Seneca Foods;
- Roger Pepperl, Stemilt Growers Inc.;
- Sabrina Pokomandy, Jem-D;
- Mac Riggan, Chelan Fresh Marketing;
- Richard Ruiz, Ruiz Sales;
- Allen Sabatier, Del Monte Fresh Produce;
- Xander Shapiro, Del Monte Foods;
- Rich Tavoletti, Canned Food Alliance;
- Brian Threlfall, Giorgio Fresh Mushrooms
- Nichole Towell, Duda Farm Fresh Foods;
- Selynn Vong, Pace;
- Mark Weinfeld, DGWB; and
- Suzanne Wolter, Rainier Fruit Co.