(UPDATED COVERAGE May 15) Ready Pac Foods Inc. is expanding its Bistro Bowl line with its first wrap- or tortilla products — six of them.
“The new Bistro Bowl wrap kits are available nationwide as of this month,” Tristan Simpson, vice president of corporate communications for Irwindale, Calif.-based Ready Pac, said May 15.
The meal kits, which come with proteins, include:
- Thai Peanut Crunch with sesame seed tortillas, iceberg and cabbage mix, chicken, celery, roasted edamame, sweet Thai peanut sauce, carrots and red cabbage;
- Garlic and Herb Caesar with garlic and herb tortillas, romaine lettuce, chicken, garlic and parmesan cheese sauce, parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, carrots and red cabbage;
- Turkey Avocado Ranch with chia seed tortillas, iceberg lettuce, roasted seasoned white turkey meat, avocado ranch sauce, Monterey jack-colby cheese, black olives, carrots and red cabbage;
- Buffalo Style Chicken with chili onion tortillas, iceberg lettuce, chicken, cheddar cheese, corn, shredded carrots, diced celery and spicy buffalo sauce;
- Chicken Bacon Ranch with tortillas, grape tomatoes, baby lettuce blend, greens, chicken, ranch sauce, Monterey jack-colby cheese, carrots, red cabbage and bacon crumbles; and
- Chicken Caesar, with garlic and herb tortillas, chicken, romaine lettuce, yogurt Caesar sauce, shredded cheese, carrots and red cabbage.
“The change in format to a wrap versus a salad is new, but still provides some of the same benefits of our Bistro branded items,” Simpson said. “What is also distinctive with our wraps is that all ingredients are separated to solve the soggy wrap problem.”
Each has fewer than 300 calories.
Through the wrap kits, recipes and a packaging redesign, Ready Pac aims to broaden the definition of the single-serve salad segment.
Ready Pac is also introducing three new chopped salads to the single-serve line: chopped Italian, chopped kickin’ barbecue and chopped kale apple.