Ready Pac Foods Inc. is promoting its Ready Snax line of fresh produce snacks for the back-to-school season, as an alternative to less-nutritious lunchbox treats.
Ready Snax comes in six varieties:
- carrots, grapes and cheese with pretzels;
- fruit, cheese and flatbread crackers;
- apples and cheese with caramel dip;
- veggies & cheese with ranch dip;
- veggies, hummus and sunflower seeds; and
- apples, granola and yogurt.
“By offering a wider variety of delicious and healthy components, Ready Snax helps parents find more ways to introduce daily healthy eating habits to their kids without the boredom and limitation we traditionally think of in terms of nutrition,” Tristan Simpson, vice president of corporate communications for Irwindale, Calif.-based Ready Pac, said in a news release.
The company also continues to target adults. According to a Technomic trend report on snacking occasions, 51% of consumers said they snack at least twice a day, and portability is important to 60%. Half said healthfulness is important when choosing a snack.