DALLAS — It was more than just Disney for Ready Pac Foods Inc. at United Fresh 2012.
The Irwindale, Calif., company introduced several other new products at the expo May 1-3.
In addition to the announcement of its new Disney kids’ line, Ready Pac showed several other new products.
In the salad category, the company showed its new Dinner Solutions line of four salads containing protein in 11-12 ounce bowls, which started in California in March and should be available nationwide in June, said director of marketing Tristan Simpson.
In the line are:
- Caesar salad, with romaine lettuce, chicken chunks, croutons, shredded parmesan cheese and Caesar dressing;
- Caesar light salad, which contains the same as the original, but with fat-free croutons and light dressing;
- Chef salad, with romaine and iceberg lettuce, ham and turkey chunks, shredded carrots, Swiss cheese and ranch dressing; and
- Southwestern salad, which has romaine, chili lime chicken, tortilla strips, four cheese blend, and salsa ranch dressing.
Also in salads are the Bistro Organic line of four 4-5 ounce salads in bowls:
- Caesar Cranberry salad
- Honey Mustard Spinach salad
- Ginger tofu salad
- Zesty Harvest Grains salad.
Simpson said all the ingredients are organic and the line should be available in July.
In the United Fresh new product category at the expo is the Fresh Fruit parfait line, which should become available in July, Simpson said.
In the line are five 9.75-10-ounce parfait cups of fruit, granola and vanilla yogurt, all separated in the package:
- Fresh Apple
- Fresh Mango
- Fresh Blueberry
- Fresh Apple and Mango
- Fresh Grape.
Simpson said the proprietary packaging is designed to keep all the components fresh, and it’s made with no syrup or preservatives, and all less than 350 calories.