The California Table Grape Commission, Fresno, has donated 58 salad bars to schools in California grape growing regions.
The Tulare County School District received 28 of the salad bars and the other salad bars will be sent to schools in late spring 2013, according to a news release.
The school districts that will receive the salad bars:
- Standard School District;
- Coachella Valley Unified School District;
- Alta Vista School District;
- Sequoia Union Elementary School District;
- Richgrove School District;
- Pleasant View Elementary School District;
- Porterville Unified School District and;
- Visalia Unified School District.
The donation is through the Let’s Move Salad Bars to Schools program.
Along with the bar donations, the commission provided materials like bilingual brochures with health information, static clings for the salad bars and a school-specific foodservice brochure showing the proper way to store, handle and use grapes, according to the release.
The commission worked with the California Department of Public Health to place bars in schools that are part of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Education program, according to the release.