Committee members are:
- William Braswell, Florida Blueberry Growers;
- Bret Erickson, Texas International Produce Association;
- Jake Lewin, CCOF Certification Services LLC;
- Matt McInerney, Western Growers Association;
- Melissa Poole, Roll Global;
- Mark Powers, Northwest Horticultural Council; and
- Daniel Ritchey, Riverfront Packing Co..
Congress established the advisory committee system in 1974 so trade objectives are closely aligned with commercial and economic interests. The USDA and the USTR jointly manage the committees for fruit and vegetables and other agriculture sectors, according to a news release from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
“The agricultural trade advisory committees provide great insight into trade issues for the United States. Hearing from such a wide variety of agricultural experts helps us formulate our trade strategy and keep American exports growing to record numbers,” Vilsack said in the release. “Agricultural trade plays a vital role in the health of our economy, and the new members of the committees will bring welcome new perspectives.”
The appointments became effective June 15. Appointments are made periodically, usually for a period of four years, according to the release. More information is available online..