The U.S. Department of Agriculture has approved 13 members to serve on the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
The appointments are effective immediately, according to a Jan. 14 news release from the USDA.
Newly appointed producer members, with three-year terms, are:
- Autumn Freeman, Bruceville, Ind.;
- Sarah Frey-Talley, Keenes, Ill.;
- Arthur Saikhon Jr., El Centro, Calif.;
- Kevin Antongiovanni, Bakersfield, Calif.;
- Chuck Botsford, Lake Oswego, Ore.; and
- John Morrow of Deming, N.M.
Handlers named to three-year terms are:
- Ed McClellan, Ann Arbor, Mich.;
- Joseph Paul Gomes, Manteca, Calif.;
- Joshua Knox, El Dorado Hills, Calif.; and
- David Mayhue, Springdale, Ark.
Handler Brad Jones, of Clermont, Fla., will complete a two-year term, according to the release. Reappointed members include handlers Thomas Runyan from Las Cruces, N.M., and Bradley Toney of Oaktown, Ind., who will each serve a three-year term.