The web seminar, set for 2 p.m. Eastern March 20, is offered by the USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service and focuses on contract information for growers, producers, processors and distributors, according to the USDA. It is free and registration is online.
Each year, the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service buys nearly 2 billion pounds of frozen, processed, and fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, fish and eggs, according to the release.
Sara Hernandez and Dianna Price of the AMS Commodity Procurement Staff will:
- Introduce USDA purchasing activities;
- Discuss the types of products USDA buys;
- Explain the solicitation and award process
- Outline the requirements for selling to USDA; and
- Give tools and resources needed to explore doing business with the USDA.
The seminar includes a question-and-answer session, according to the release. Participants can submit questions before the seminar to firstname.lastname@example.org.