The U.S. Department of Agriculture cited Del Monte Farms LLC of Vineland, N.J., for failing to pay for more than $700,000 for produce, a violation of the Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act.
The company failed to pay $703,632 to 19 sellers for 168 lots of produce, according to an USDA news release.
The USDA and Del Monte Farms LLC entered a consent decision, and Del Monte Farms is barred from operating in the industry until Aug. 16, 2015. The responsibly connected principal is Daniel Del Monte.
Del Monte Farms, Vineland, N.J. is not affiliated with Del Monte Corp. or Del Monte Foods.
The USDA also sanctioned the following companies after they failed to pay PACA awards:
- 3’s Produce Corp., Bronx, N.Y., for failing to pay $21,497 to a California seller. The responsibly connected officer is Dae Soo Yu.
- Harry Crocker, doing business as Amerina Co., Vero Beach, Fla., for failing to pay $3,560 to a New Jersey seller. The responsibly connected proprietor is Harry Crocker.
- Pacific Coast Produce & Distributors Inc., doing business as R & R Produce, Los Angeles, for failing to pay $26,210 to a Florida seller. The responsibly connected officer is Chester Frangipani.
- Santa Cruz Fresh Produce Inc., Los Angeles, for failing to pay $8,662 to a Texas seller. The responsibly connected officer is Jose Ordonez Lopez.
- Isadore A. Rapasadi & Sons Inc., Canastota, N.Y., for failing to pay $10,156 to a New York seller. The responsibly connected individual is Robert Rapasadi. Natalie Rapasadi and Kathleen Rapasadi are challenging their responsibly connected status.