United Fresh Produce Association has announced officers and directors nominated to serve on the group’s board of directors, beginning at its April 22 meeting in Santa Barbara, Calif. United Fresh immediate past chairman David Krause, Paramount Citrus, named the slate of leaders in a news release from Washington, D.C.-based United Fresh.
The new chairman of the board is Ron Carkoski, president and chief executive officers, Four Seasons Family of Cos., Ephrata, Pa. Carkoski currently serves as chairman-elect of the board, according to the release.
Brian Kocher, senior vice president and chief operating officer, Chiquita Brands International Inc., Charlotte, N.C., is nominated as chairman-elect of the board. Kocher begins chairmanship of United Fresh in 2015, according to the release.
Lorri Koster, chairman and chief executive officer, Mann Packing Company, will continue to serve in an ongoing term as secretary-treasurer.
Current United Fresh chairman of the board Ron Midyett, chief executive officer, Apio Inc., Guadalupe, Calif., will move to the position of immediate past chairman and remain on the board and the executive committee, according to the release.
Those who have been nominated to serve as new members of the United Fresh board of directors for a two-year term beginning in April include:
- Mark Campion, president, Taylor Farms Retail Inc. Gonzales, Calif.;
- Rudi Groppe, president and CEO, Heinzen Manufacturing Intl., Gilroy, Calif.
- Steve Jarzombek, vice president produce procurement and merchandising, Roundy’s Supermarket, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Carissa Mace, president, Fresh Produce & Floral Council, La Mirada, Calif.:
- Paul Mastronardi, president and chief executive officer, Mastronardi Produce Ltd., Ontario, Canada
- Bob Meek, chief executive officer, Wada Farms Marketing Group, Idaho Falls, Idaho;
- Mike Orf, assistant vice president, produce operations, Hy-Vee Inc., West Des Moines, Iowa;
- Susan Reimer-Sifford, director of produce purchasing and distribution, Darden Restaurants, Orlando, Fla.; and
- Mario Steta, group vice president and general manager-central Mexico, Driscoll’s, Watsonville, Calif.
Nominated as the chairman of the United Fresh Foundation, which has an ex-officio position on the United Board, is Jim Lemke, senior vice president of C.H. Robinson Worldwide Inc., Eden Prairie, Minn.