Courtesy Mastronardi ProduceMastronardi Produce's Y.E.L.O. tomatoes won the vegetable product category of the United Fresh Produce Association's New Product Awards.Yellow tomatoes, superhero-themed apple slices and a machine that tops fresh strawberries are among the best new products, according to attendees at the United Fresh Produce Association’s 2014 Conference and Expo in Chicago.
Five companies were recognized at the New Product Awards June 12 on the expo floor.
Companies entered more than 40 new products in five categories. Winners:
- FoodLink, FoodLink Fresh, food safety solution;
- Crunch Pak, Marvel apple snacker, fruit product;
- Braga Fresh Family Farms, Josie’s Organics romaine hearts, packaging;
- Turatti S.R.L., Strawberry Capper, packing/processing equipment; and
- Mastronardi Produce: Y.E.L.O., vegetable product.
“These winning products have been selected by United attendees as outstanding representations of the new approaches, ideas and processes that are driving the fresh fruit and vegetable industry forward, and we applaud them for their product development,” John Toner, United Fresh director of convention and industry relations, said in a news release.
Read more about the winners here.