The United Fresh Produce Association has established the Produce Marketing & Merchandising Council and the Finance & Business Management Council, and has named dozens of industry volunteers to serve on the boards.
The councils will meet for the first time at the May 14-16 United Fresh 2013 convention in San Diego, according to a news release.
Roger Pepperl, marketing director of Wenathcee, Wash.-based Stemilt Growers, is chairman of the 30-member Produce Marketing & Merchandising Council, according to the release. That group works to develop United Fresh programs related to consumer marketing, branding, social media, point-of-sale strategies, retail partnership programs, and other merchandising components.
Scott Danner, chief operating officer for Kansas City, Kan.-based Liberty Fruit Co., is chairman of the Finance & Business Management Council, according to the release. The group will work to provide produce companies with benchmarking data and programs to assist them in running their business operations, according to the release. The councils are expected to address financial and strategic planning, financing, family business and estate transfer, insurance, health care and other topics, according to the release.
“These two new councils will broaden the produce industry’s resource base in marketing and business matters, aspects that can be key determinants of a company’s success,” United Fresh president Tom Stenzel said in the release.
Members of the Produce Marketing & Merchandising Council are:
- Roger Pepperl, chairman, Stemilt Growers LLC;
- Nick Bergstrom, Pero Family Farms;
- Jacqueline Bohmer, Mexican Hass Avocado Importers Association;
- Chris Bartley Christian, California Strawberry Commission;
- Barbara Dan, Ready Pac Foods Inc.;
- Lisa Davis, Edge Sales and Marketing;
- Julie L DeWolf, Sunkist Growers Inc.;
- Tony DiNovo, DNO Inc.;
- Charlie Eagle, Southern Specialties Inc.;
- Natalie Erlendson, Sun World International LLC;
- Cindy A. Jewell, California Giant Berry Farms;
- Douglas Kling, Village Farms;
- Paul Kneeland, Kings Food Markets, Inc.;
- Cristie Mather, Pear Bureau Northwest;
- Mark Munger, MCL Fresh Inc.;
- Gary Myracle, Associated Wholesale Grocers;
- Larry Narwold, River Ranch Fresh Foods LLC;
- Scott Owens, Paramount Citrus;
- Jennifer Pelayo, Advantage Sales & Marketing;
- Audra Pura, Earthbound Farm;
- Robert Rinker, Fresh Link Group;
- Greg Robertson, Phillips Mushroom Farms;
- Bill Schneider, Melissa’s/World Variety Produce Inc.;
- Drew Schwartzhoff, C.H. Robinson Worldwide Inc.;
- Sarah Seebran, Bland Farms;
- Shannon Shuman, The Packer Publications;
- Kori Tuggle-Dinner, Ocean Mist Farms;
- Chris Veillon, Mastronardi Produce LTD;
- Joe Watson, Rouses Markets;
- Mary Wright-Rana, Pro*Act LLC; and
- Megan Zweig, DMA Solutions, Inc.