For more details on the upcoming show, see our pre-show coverage.
The finalists in five categories will be displayed at the association’s show in June 10-13 in Chicago. Show attendees will have the opportunity to vote on the products, with winners set to be announced at the united Fresh Membership booth on June 12, according to a news release.
Categories are fruit products, vegetable products, packaging, processing/packaging equipment and food safety products. The 2014 New Product Award finalists companies and their nominated products are listed below.
Best New Fruit Product
- Crunch Pak — Marvel Apple Snacker with super heroes on packages of fresh sliced apples and other snacking ingredients including grapes, cheese and pretzels;
- Fresh Fruit Cuts — Woot Froot fresh-cut peaches and nectarines available in 3-ounce and 14-ounce bags and various tray sizes.
- Naturipe Farms — Fresh Cranberry Sauce Kit, a microwavable product; and
- Sbrocco International Inc. — USDA Quality Monitored Good 4 U Fresh Fruit includes fresh table grapes and apples in high-graphic pouches with the official USDA Quality Monitored seal.
Best New Vegetable Product
- Black Gold Farms — Roasties, a clamshell with fresh, whole baby red potatoes, McCormick Produce Partners seasonings and cooking instructions;
- Fresherized Foods — Wholly Guacamole Layered Bean Dips: 10-ounce dips can be served either chilled or warmed;
- Good Foods Group — Tableside Chunky Guacamole four-pack, with single-serve portions of hand-scooped avocados, with garlic, onions and tomatoes;
- Love Beets — Organic Beets in an Organic Mild Vinegar, which are freshly cooked and certified organic;
- Mastronardi Produce — Sunset Y.E.L.O. (Youth, Energy, Life, Om) tomatoes;
- Mucci Farms — CuteCumbers, bite-sized cucumbers with no cutting or chopping required;
- Pure Hothouse Foods Inc. — The Snacking Series: Juno Bites, Bumbles, Sangira and Azuca all have bite-sized tomatoes in grab-and-go packaging with recipe ideas;
- Reichel Foods — New Dippin’ Stix Flavor Celery Stix & Ranch Dip, with fresh-cut celery sticks and ranch dip, packaged for snacking on the go;
- Tiffany Gate Foods — FreshCooked, cooked and ready to use on salads, in soups or as sides, it includes quinoa, beets, yams and chickpeas;
- Village Farms — Rebellion tomatoes, packs with four to six tomato varieties with distinct shapes and colors, from red, orange, yellow, green and brown;
- Wholesum Family Farms — Wholesum Harvest Grilling Squash, yellow and zucchini squash combo in self sealing bags with recipes and quick-response codes; and
- Apio Inc. — Eat Smart Kale & Red Chard Stir-Fry Kit, which includes broccoli florets, red chard, kale, snow peas, carrots and a stir-fry sauce infused with soy, garlic and ginger.