The United Fresh Produce Association is taking nominations for a speaker to address its annual Reception Honoring Women in Produce, set for May 15 in San Diego.
Nomination forms can be downloaded. The deadline is March 13. More information on the reception is available from United Fresh political affairs manager Angela Tiwari at 202-303-3416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Besides honoring individual contributions, the event promotes progress for women in the industry, Dan’l Mackey Almy, last year’s speaker, said in a news release.
Past honorees include:
- Dan’l Mackey Almy, DMA Solutions Inc.
- Tonya Antle, Tanimura & Antle
- Frieda Rapoport Caplan, Frieda’s Inc.
- Margaret D’Arrigo-Martin, Taylor Farms Inc.
- Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission
- Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Co.
- Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle Inc.
- Lorri Koster, Mann Packing Co.
- Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission
- Martha Rhodes-Roberts, University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
- Steffanie Smith, River Point Farms LLC
- Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet International
- Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms
- Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Co.