The products will be on display at the United Fresh conference May 1-3 in Dallas, where attendees can vote to select the winners.
Winners are scheduled to be announced May 3.
“Our industry’s success is built upon the foresight and creativity of its member companies in bringing new products to market. This serves to boost value to the consumer and profitability to the industry,” Tom Stenzel, United Fresh president and chief executive officer, said in a news release.
This year’s finalists have been divided into five categories:
Best New Packaging
- Fruit Pop Pouches, Maxwell Chase Technologies, LLC;
- Garden Highway Salad Essentials Salad Toppers, Renaissance Food Group;
- Live Gourmet Squircle clamshell and harness style shipping carton, Hollandia Produce LLC/Live Gourmet;
- Naturipe EarthCycle packaging for organic berries, Naturipe Farms, LLC;
- Rock Garden breathable herb bag, Rock Garden;
- Safe-T-Fresh Grab and Go Cups, Inline Plastics Corp.; and
- SUNSET fresh tomato soup kit, Mastronardi Produce
Best New Food Safety Solution
- FlashCheck Real-time Bacterial Enzyme Detection Kit, DeltaTRAK, Inc.;
- Freshness management with the Intelleflex CMR-6100 cellular reader and Intelleflex ZEST Data Services, Intelleflex;
- PTI Lite, RedLine Solutions Inc.; and
- The HydroDose-High Dilution Dosing System, BioSafe Systems
Best New Packing/Processing Equipment
- Bosch Pack 301 IN Inverted Horizontal Flow Wrapper, Bosch Packaging Technology Inc.;
- ECM-200 slicer with exit conveyor, Nichimo;
- High speed counting and packing device, Abracad Technoworks BV;
- MCT 25 OS onion slicer, Maxwell Chase Technologies, LLC; and
- NicePack, BrimaPack
Best New Fruit Product
- Crunch Pak Dipperz, Crunch Pak;
- Fresh Fruit Parfaits, Ready Pac Foods;
- Naturipe cold processed dried blueberries, strawberries and cherries, Naturipe Farms LLC;
- Welch’s Grape Bag — Picnic Pack, C.H. Robinson; and
- Yonanas, Dole Food Co.