The United Fresh Produce Association is honoring produce industry product innovation.
At the Washington, D.C.-based United Fresh’s May 14-16 convention in San Diego, United Fresh released names of its best new products winners, products United Fresh commends for innovation and creativity, according to a news release.
More than 30 fresh fruit and vegetable industry-related products competed for the New Product Awards in five categories.
The 2013 New Product Award winners:
- Best New Food Safety Solution: FoodLink Item, FoodLink, Los Gatos, Calif.;
- Best New Fruit Product: Lil Snappers, Sunkist Growers Inc., Sherman Oaks, Calif.;
- Best New Packaging Product: Sunset Display-Ready Box, Mastronardi Produce Ltd., Kingsville, Ontario;
- Best New Packing/Processing Equipment: RayFly Optical Sorter, Raytec Vision SPA, Parma, Italy;
- Best New Vegetable Product: Pumpkin Pie Baking Kit, AMF Farms Inc.,/Bay Baby Produce, Burlington, Wash.
“These winning products have been selected by United attendees as outstanding representations of the new approaches, ideas and processes that are driving the fresh fruit and vegetable industry forward, and we applaud them for their product development,” John Toner, United Fresh’s director of convention and industry relations, said in the release.
“From its very beginnings, the United show has been the home of innovation for the produce industry, and these awards continue to showcase the best and brightest minds in the produce business.”
Selected from votes cast by show attendees, finalists in each category were on display in the United Fresh’s membership booth on the trade show floor.