The United Fresh Produce Association is accepting nominees for its 2013 Retail Produce Manager Awards Program.
The program, administered by the United Fresh Foundation through the Center for Leadership Excellence, honors 25 retail produce managers at the association’s 2013 annual convention May 14-16 in San Diego, according to a news release from Washington, D.C.-based United Fresh.
The awards were established in 2005 by founding sponsor Ready Pac Foods Inc., Irwindale, Calif.
Winners and their corporate produce directors receive complimentary airfare, hotel accommodations and registrations to the United Fresh 2013 convention. Five grand prize winners receive $1,000.
Nominations must be received by Jan. 18.
The 2012 winners were:
- Leslie Alex, Hannaford Brothers, Dover, N.H.;
- Ricky Allemand, Brookshire Grocery Company, New Iberia, La.;
- John Ballard, Food City/K-VA-T Food Stores, Lafollete, Tenn.;
- Mathew K. Blair, Price Chopper/Golub Corporation, Cicero, N.Y.;
- Phil Burgess, Safeway Stores, Bend, Ore.;
- Brian Burrow, Brookshire Grocery Company, Whitehouse, Texas;
- Franklin Bys, Hy-Vee, Inc., Coralville, Iowa;
- James Campbell, Sunflower Farmers Market, Denver, Colo.;
- Brian Collegnon, Rueben’s County Market , Hartford, Wis.;
- Corey Conrad, Colemans Food Centres, Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada;
- Brian Corbitt, Bel Air Market/Raley’s Family of Fine Stores, Sacramento, Calif.;
- Jolene Cyr, Food Maxx/Save Mart Supermarkets, Fairfield, Calif.;
- Ron Danielson, Raley’s Family of Fine Stores, Woodland, Calif.;
- Chad Faulk, Harris Teeter, Charlotte, N.C.;
- John Heon, Big Y Foods, Lee, Mass.;
- Rich Jackson, Quality Food Centers, Sammamish, Wash.;
- Steve Kaminski, Jewel-Osco, Westmont, Ill.;
- Charmagne Kendrick, VG’s Food Center/Spartan Stores, Fenton, Mich.;
- Jim Kesteloot, Harris Teeter, Reston, Va.;
- Michael Kolek, Jewel-Osco, Schaumburg, Ill.;
- Brian Langdon, The Kroger Company, Cincinnati;
- Mike McElmeel, Hy-Vee, Inc., Silvis, Ill.;
- Elizabeth Myers, New River MCAS Commissary, Jacksonville, N.C.;
- Wanda Ivy Nicholas, Travis Air Force Base Commissary, Travis, Calif.; and
- Nick Puleo, Vons, San Diego, Calif.