MillerTeri Miller, produce category manager at Delhaize America, Salisbury, N.C., will be the honoree and featured speaker at the United Fresh Produce Association’s reception honoring women in produce.
The June 12 reception is part of United Fresh 2014 in Chicago.
Miller is a 25-year veteran of Delhaize America. She helped create the supply chain department at Food Lion, a Delhaize America banner. She worked on Food Lion programs for food traceability, country of origin labeling and bioterrorism. Miller is part of the Produce Traceability Initiative executive leadership group.
She’s also a board member and treasurer of the Southeast Produce Council, and a past board member and treasurer of the Lion’s Pride Foundation. The foundation aids company associates, their families and communities in times of hardship.
“Teri is the personification of leadership and dedication in the produce industry,” United Fresh president and chief executive officer Tom Stenzel said in a news release. “She has repeatedly contributed her time to important initiatives, such as countering bioterrorism and improving traceability.”
Miller was chosen from among nominations submitted by United Fresh members that were reviewed by a committee of peers. Past honorees include:
- Dan’l Mackey Almy, DMA Solutions Inc.;
- Tonya Antle, Tanimura & Antle;
- Frieda Rapoport Caplan, Frieda’s Inc.;
- Margaret D’Arrigo-Martin, Taylor Farms;
- Jan DeLyser, California Avocado Commission;
- Jan Fleming, Strube Celery & Vegetable Company;
- Janice Honigberg, Sun Belle Inc.;
- Lorri Koster, Mann Packing Co.;
- Kathleen Nave, California Table Grape Commission;
- Lisa McNeece, Grimmway Enterprises Inc.;
- Martha Rhodes-Roberts, University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences;
- Steffanie Smith, Colorful Harvest LLC;
- Heather Shavey, Costco Wholesale;
- Mayda Sotomayor-Kirk, Seald Sweet International;
- Rosemary Talley, Talley Farms; and
- Jenney Tenney, The Kroger Co.