“United Fresh Impact Tours always allow us to engage in personal discussions about challenges facing our members, from labor and immigration to food safety, to ways to increase produce consumption,” Tom Stenzel, United Fresh president said in a news release. “At each stop along the way, we’ll spotlight how United can help leverage the passion of individual members to make a difference for the greater industry.”
The tour will begin with town hall events in New York, Massachusetts, and Maine, according to the release. Subsequent town hall meetings are in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Indiana, Missouri, Kansas, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and California, according to the release. United Fresh leaders will also visit United Fresh members at their operations, and the release said Stenzel will also speak to the Texas Produce Convention and the Idaho Grower Shipper Association.
- July 29, Highland, N.Y.; hosted by New York Apple Association and New York Apple Sales
- July 30, Danvers, Mass.; New England Produce Council Golf Tournament Luncheon
- July 31, Boston
- Aug. 1, Portland, Maine
- Aug. 2, Presque Isle, Maine, hosted by the Maine Farmers Exchange, Maine Potato Board and Northeast Packaging Co.
- Aug. 5, Poseyville, Ind.; hosted by Frey Produce
- Aug. 6, St. Louis, Mo.; hosted by Save-A-Lot
- Aug. 7, Kansas City, Mo./Kansas City, Kan.; hosted by Liberty Fruit Co.
- Aug. 8, San Antonio, Texas; Texas Produce Convention keynote luncheon
- Aug. 8, Visalia, Calif.; hosted by California Grape & Tree Fruit League and California Citrus Mutual
- Aug. 9, Salinas, Calif.; hosted by Grower-Shipper Association of Central California
- Aug. 12, Milwaukee, Wisc.; hosted by Roundy’s
- Aug. 13, Stevens Point, Wis.; hosted by the Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Association
- Aug. 15, Minneapolis/St. Paul; hosted by C.H. Robinson Worldwide
- Aug. 27, Ephrata, Penn.; hosted by Four Seasons Family of Companies and the Pennsylvania Vegetable Growers Association
- Aug. 27, Kennett Square, Penn; hosted by American Mushroom Institute
- Aug. 28, Philadelphia, Penn.; hosted by the Philadelphia Wholesale Produce Market
- Aug. 29, Vineland, N.J.; hosted by the New Jersey Department of Agriculture
- Aug. 30, W. Caldwell, N.J.; hosted by RLB/Freshpro
- Aug. 26, Denver, Colo,
- Aug. 28, Rocky Ford, Colo.; hosted by L & M Produce
- Aug. 30, Monte Vista, Colo.; hosted by the Colorado Potato Administrative Committee
- Aug. 30, Sun Valley, Ida.: Idaho Grower-Shippers Association Annual Meeting & Industry Breakfast
More information on Fresh Impact Tour locations, as well as town hall registration options, is on the United Fresh website.
Contact Miriam Wolk, vice president of membership & marketing, at 202-303-3410 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.