Ron Midyett will lead the 2013-14 United Fresh Produce Association board of directors.
On May 14 Midyett, chief executive officer of Apio Inc., Guadalupe, Calif., succeeds current United Fresh chairman of the board David Krause, President, Paramount Citrus, Delano, Calif. Krause will assume the position of immediate past chairman and remain on the board and the executive committee, according to a news release from United Fresh.
Ron Carkoski, president of Four Seasons Family of Cos., Ephrata, Pa., has been nominated as chairman-elect of the United Fresh board for 2013-14, according to the release. Lorri Koster, chairwoman of Mann Packing Co. Inc., Salinas, Calif., has been nominated as secretary-treasurer of the board of directors.
“In total, the slate of nominees for our consolidated board of directors, together with our returning board members and new officers, makes this a tremendously diverse and skilled set of leaders to represent our entire industry and guide our association in the year ahead,” United Fresh president Tom Stenzel said in the release.
Industry leaders nominated to serve two-year terms as new members of the board are:
- William Brim, president of Lewis Taylor Farms Inc., Tifton, Ga.;
- Bob Elliott, director of food safety for Sunkist Growers Inc., Fontana, Calif.;
- Fred Heptinstall, president of IFCO Systems RPC Management Services Division/North America, Tampa, FLa.;
- Robert Kirch, president of Caito Foods Service Inc., Indianapolis;
- Joe Klare, executive vice president of Castellini Company LLC, Wilder, Ky.;
- Gordon Robertson, senior vice president of sales and marketing, Sun World International LLC, Bakersfield, Calif.;
- Michael Spinazzola, president of Diversified Restaurant Systems, San Diego; and
- Bob Swartwout, vice president of sales at R. S. Hanline Co. Inc., Shelby, Ohio.
Board members nominated to new positions of service on market segment boards and councils are:
- chairman, Fresh-Cut Processor Board, Tony Freytag, Crunch Pak; Cashmere, Wash.;
- chairman, Finance & Business Management Council, Scott Danner, Liberty Fruit Co. Inc.; Kansas City, Kan.;
- chairman, Government Relations Council, John Keeling, National Potato Council; Washington, D.C.;
- chairman, Produce Marketing & Merchandising Council, Roger Pepperl, Stemilt Growers LLC, Wenatchee, Wash.; and
- chairwoman, Wholesaler Distributor Board, Lisa Strube, Strube Celery & Vegetable Co.