Yields also could be below normal in the upcoming season because of the cold, wet weather, Frankel said. Yields in the 2010-11 season were about 4% below normal.
Weather could put dent in 2011-12 U.S. potato crop
06/16/2011 11:21:00 AM
- UPDATED: AWG files antitrust case against potato groups
- Red River Valley growers split over United Potato support
- Processing crop potatoes influencing fresh market
- United Potato’s bright start shines less brightly
- United Potato Cooperative: Flawed from the beginning?
- UPDATED: United Potato not protected by Capper-Volstead