Suzy Favor Hamilton(UPDATED COVERAGE, Dec. 26) In the wake of a prostitution scandal involving spokeswoman Suzy Favor Hamilton, the Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association discontinued its association with the three-time Olympic athlete.
Favor Hamilton, a Wisconsin native and nine-time National Collegiate Athletic Association champion in track and field, signed on as spokeswoman in June 2011. She did in-person appearances, interviews and starred in a series of videos on the association’s YouTube channel, which has been deactivated.
The Antigo, Wis.-based association met Dec. 21, said Duane Maatz, executive director. The association “didn’t see this coming at all,” he said.
“We have severed our contractual relationship with Suzy at this time,” Maatz said.
The association is very concerned about Favor Hamilton’s wellbeing, he said.
“She had some deep seated problems and we know there are some things she needs to address and we wish the best for her,” he said.
News outlet The Smoking Gun broke the news on Dec. 20 after Favor Hamilton allegedly told clients her real identity while “working as a high-priced call girl” for a Las Vegas-based service for the past year.
Favor Hamilton, 44, who is married, also is a real estate agent and motivational speaker based in Madison, Wis.
- Center for Food Safety proposal to court on food safety reg timeline
- FDA statement to court regarding food safety time line
- EU Citrus report: EU Citrus report
- South Africa citrus report: USDA FAS
- Has the industry/trade associations done enough to stop sexual harassment in the fields?
- "Why family and business don't mix"