Yerecic Label plans to tempt the tastebuds of Produce Marketing Association Fresh Summit attendees.
During Fresh Summit, Oct. 26-28, in Anaheim, Calif., the New Kensington, Pa.-based Yerecic is sponsoring a “Sensory Experience” contest.
On Oct. 28, the label maker plans to provide other exhibitors the chance for attendees and local children to touch, taste and smell their products, according to a news release.
PMA chose 10 exhibitors, who will provide samples of their recipes to a panel for judging during the show.
The finalists and their recipes are:
- California Asparagus Commission, crispy California asparagus straws;
- California Date Administrative Committee, date shakes and smoothies;
- California Giant Berry Farms, Cal. Giant Berry yogurt cones;
- Chilean Avocado Importers Association, Chilean avodog;
- Chilean Fresh Fruit Association, fresh fruit pizza;
- Freska Produce International LLC, mango chiller and salsa;
- Mann Packing Co. Inc., Five-a-Day Hawaiian Cupcakes;
- Misionero Vegetables, sweet tart salad;
- Sage Fruit Co. LLC, pear ricotta pancakes with cinnamon maple syrup;
- Sun Pacific Shippers/Califia Farms, Cuties pops; and
- Sunkist Growers Inc., orange breakfast panini.
A panel plans to evaluate recipes on appearance, aroma, taste, innovation and other qualities. Winners will be announced Oct. 28 on the expo show floor at its booth, No. 2538.
Yerecic manufactures labels through a high-definition prepress/plate system and presses equipped with 100% vision inspection equipment in a 45,000-square-foot plant.